Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 27 years old and have a colostomy. I have had it for…

I am 27 years old...
I am 27 years old and have a colostomy. I have had it for over two months now. I have very little output. Even when I use stimulant laxatives very little comes out. I recieved the colostomy for outlet disfunction. My muscles didn't work properly. My question is why don't I have any output? How could this be possible. I don't have a blockage I have already had that checked.
3/27/2017
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

after you use a laxative, it empties the system

it can take a few days for food to get into your bowels again for stool to come out of your ostomy.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thank you

give it a few days after laxative use

I bet stool will come out soon

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area.

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician