Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have just done a 7 day 18gram cocaine binge and am very…

Customer Question
I have just done...

I have just done a 7 day 18gram cocaine binge and am very worried of whats gonna happen now ive stopped

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Not testing anything

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Im worried and scared no first time.ive done.this

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
3/24/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your situation. Can i ask, were you using cocaine before these 7 days or was this a one off event (using cocaine for only these 7 days)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sometimes.on weekend but not always or alot

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins. If you get a phone call request, PLEASE IGNORE IT as that is an automated site response. Thanks!

Well usually stopping cocaine suddenly can lead to some withdrawal symptoms HOWEVER the duration and intensity of those withdrawal symptoms would depend on the duration for which you used cocaine. For example if you were a chronic cocaine user for last several months or years then the withdrawal symptoms would have been more severe, but in your case the use was for a short duration of time that is seven days so it is possible that you MAY not develop withdrawal symptoms AT ALL. It is very likely that you will be perfectly fine and not have any problems whatsoever simply because you used the drug for one week only.

But if you do develop withdrawal symptoms, they will usually be for 1-3 days and would be MILD in intensity. It can include symptoms like,

• Difficulty concentrating
  • Fatigue or exhaustion
  • Inability to experience sexual arousal
  • Physical symptoms, such as chills, tremors, muscle aches,
  • Vivid, unpleasant dreams or nightmares
  • Slowed activity, or physical fatigue after activity
  • Slower thinking
  • Restlessness

BUT let me emphasize that i dont believe you will develop these symptoms but EVEN if you do, the intensity should be mild and they should last for ONLY a short duration of time. IF by chance you do develop severe symptoms then you should seek medical attention but i think you should be fine.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will i have craving
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
even tho i have snorted 18 grams of cocaine with only 1 day of sleep i wont get really sick
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i wont be addicted

You may have mild craving on the first day or two but that will fade away as well within 24-48 hours. But again as i said before you only used the cocaine for 7 days which is a short amount of time. You may experience mild symptoms but they can be managed, the craving would depend on your individual state. Some people find the craving difficult to manage while others in your situation can easily manage it.

Yes you may have symptoms but they SHOULD be mild given that you used the drug for only 7 days, the amount is not significant but it is more the duration you used the drug for. The lack of SLEEP is something else that can amplify some of the symptoms, you should start resting up from now onwards and get as much sleep as your can. if you cant fall asleep then use OTC benadryl which should be effective in inducing sleep and controlling some of the symptoms.

And no you should not be addicted, you should be able to beat this problem.

Do you have any more questions?

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.