Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For now three months I have had this intense, non stop

Customer Question
Hi, for now three...

Hi, for now three months I have had this intense, non stop pulsating/throbbing in my neck and I'm now getting concerned because it has not gone away what type of doctor should I see for this? and is this normal?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

For 3 months and no numbness or tingling

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

thyroid issues with my mom

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
3/21/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 1 year ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

First off, could you please tell me more about this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its simply a pulsating/throbbing sensation in my neck that has been on going for 3 months

Is it painful?

Can you see any spams in the muscles?

And is it just on one side?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its usually is both sides and no its not painful but sometimes i can see the pulsating on my neck

OK

This is a disk problem in your neck that's causing this

You need to get an MRI of your cervical spine and then I'd send you to physical therapy to treat the symptoms

Please let me know if you need any more information