Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I noticed drainage down the back of my throat about 2 1/2…

Customer Question
I noticed drainage down...

I noticed drainage down the back of my throat about 2 1/2 months ago. IIt is snow white and clings to the back of my throat. At times it is yellow. It is like a sheet most of the time but it also is like a think rope. I was put on zithromax for a sinus infection and it didn't help. I was the put on amoxicillian. It didn't help either. Last night I actually too a needle nose pliers and reached to the back of my throat and grabed it with the chance I would pull it lose. I grabbed it but it wouldn't come out. I have a nasal spray with steroids which I then used. Later that night I was really pluged up on the left side. I blew my nose really hard and kept blowing it for a long time. It came out. It had a slight yellow sticky, stretchy musus on both side. It was about 3 inch in length. In the middle was a ball of yuck. It was about 3/4 of an inch circle. It was like a ball.. I touched it and it was like an egg dumpling in consistancy. Slightly soft but mostly firm. I couldn't squish it. The color was more like a light tan with a hint of green. This happened a couple weeks ago too but I didn't check it out then. This was much bigger. It was hard to blow it out.

Doctor's Assistant: How severe is this?

The drainage is constant for ove 2 weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have an extremly dry mouth, eyes and nose. Seeing a doctor next mouth to check for sjograms desease. I have hershmotos thyroiditis and here para pthyrodism. I did get a slight ear infection from this

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
3/21/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old are you?