Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have oral thrush from my steroid in haler (Pulmicort) and

have been taking Nystatin for...
I have oral thrush from my steroid in haler (Pulmicort) and have been taking Nystatin for 7 days have 5 days left on script directions----if its not gone in 7 days do I need to go on something stronger?
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: White film on tongue and some sores on side of tongue
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Thrush symptoms for two weeks. I have had it before after taking Pulmicort but Nystatin always cleared it right away. I have to take inhaler once a day. wondering if I should return to Pulmanoligist for a different inhaler?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Does Nystatin have a shelf life
3/20/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Yes, at that point you would need oral diflucan

nystatin has a shelf life of 1 year like most other drugs.

is this helpful?

Thank you! Its helpful!

welcome :)

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor