Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I h bump only started to apear after i had a laser session i

I h bump only started to apear after i had a laser session i the technican slightly burnt my nose, what do you think? Could it have been a reaction to trauma to the skin> is smooth to the feel compared to the rest of my nose , however thisWas told by a dermatoligist some time ago that i may have rhinophyma because i he have araised smooth 3 to 4cm bump whicave acne and flush easily, on the left side of my nos
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: This has probably been over the last three years
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no breathing issues

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Please attach photo of the bump here.

Does it itch or bleed?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No itchiness or bleeding, it feels soft and cushion y and smooth to the touch. I do have blackheads and pimples intermittently, i only flush from anger or embarrassment and the rest of the time my skin has a normal tone, i am 47 yrs old woman. Didnt have a biopsy at hospital. Cant upload a photo.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I hope that was not it as far as your answers go? it costs me less to see a doctor face to face. even doing my own research has given me more than asking if its itchy or bleeds

Thanks for the reply,

According to description of symptoms the bump is most likely a small granuloma due to reactionary response to minor trauma by your previous laser treatment. These kind of lumps are benign and goes away with time if you massage the area at least thrice a day. There is nothing much to worry about. It does not sound anything to be concerned about.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.