Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I took doxycycline monohydrate 150 mg and threw up 10-20

Customer Question
mins later is my body...
I took doxycycline monohydrate 150 mg and threw up 10-20 mins later is my body going to still get the medical purpose I need from it?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
its for an std until they get results of what I have back and can tell me
3/3/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

The medication should be in the gastrointestinal tract for at least 1 to 2 hours, for the drug to be absorbed and reach a maximum concentration in the blood. If you vomited the tablets out, they are unlikely to be beneficial and fulfill the purpose for which they were prescribed.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating of 5 stars, because having received the answer, this is the only way that you can compensate me for my time and work. A bonus will surely be appreciated and is recommended.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

May you be happy, successful, and healthy.

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor