Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have some fairly constant pressure in my frontal sinuses…

I have some fairly constant...
I have some fairly constant pressure in my frontal sinuses with some occasional pinpoint pain. There is no congestion. No runny nose. No symptoms other that pressure. It can be on both sides .Mucus drains clear. It's been going on since December.What would cause just the inflamation?Could it be a low level infection that needs antibiotics?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can Nasonex penetrate the frontal sinuses. It works well in the max sinuses but wasn't sure if it could send steroids to the frontals ?
2/15/2017

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

All sinuses are connected to the nose; so Nasonex would penetrate to the frontal sinus too. A CT scan, MRI or x-ray of the sinuses would be required for the assessment to see, if there is any is any inflammation (thickening of the sinus wall) or inflammatory fluid.

Following would be the treatment protocol;

1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.

2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.

3) Topical decongestant for short duration.

4) Antihistamines; use only if allergic.

5) Steam vaporizer

6) Eucalyptus oil may help

7) Nasal saline irrigation

8) Vitamin C

9) Antibiotics; only if nasal culture is positive and there are signs in CT scan.

For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection;

1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.

2) Ginkgo Biloba

3) Zinc 30 mg.

You may also be looked for GERD, which has increasingly been implicated in causing or exacerbating chronic sinusitis. The exact relationships and mechanisms are presently a matter of speculation, though.

Consulting an ENT (ear, nose throat) specialist would be prudent.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/