Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I've been experiencing pain in ruq for a month now, it tends

Customer Question

I've been experiencing pain in ruq for a month now, it tends to concentrate around gallbladder area but then it moves around to right flank right below my bottom rib. If I press hard on my right flank or above belly button the pain is sharp, sometimes the pain travels to my right kidney area. Liver function test is normal and blood work normal, ultrasound showed no issues with liver, pancreas, spleen or gallbladder. No h pylori either. Sometimes I feel gassy and bloated, overall the pain tends to concentrate in ruq, thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

sorry about you having this pain.

the pain could be due to inflammation of the distal stomach from excessive stomach acid or even a duodenal ulcer from too much stomach acid.

gas in the colon or hepatic flexure or diverticulosis could cause pain there

at age you 54, you need a colonoscopy.

you may benefit from an upper endoscopy as well to look down into your stomach and duodenum.

do you have a history of too much stomach acid symptoms or acid reflux?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your response. I don't have a history of too much acid in my system but i do suffer from on and off autoimmune responses (hives on my face or body that can go on for weeks) to what i believe to be a leaky gut condition, i've been treated for pylori before, 4 years ago. Overall my energy is good, stools are normal looking but i do live with a lot of stress. Also, about three weeks ago my urine test came back with a trace of blood (microscopic hematuria), could this have any relation with pain in my ruq which sometimes moves to my right kidney area?. I have been on precription omeprazole for 3 weeks but not much noticeable changes on the type and level of pain I continue to experience. I will follow up with a colonoscopy (is that best test to assess colon?) and upper endoscopy. From what I've read I do feel like this might be ulcers of some kind but can they be triggered in the absence of bacteria like pylori?.....thank you again.