Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have sciatic nerv paig due to a bulging disc. I have done

Customer Question
PTT, Cortisone shots, medication such...
I have sciatic nerv paig due to a bulging disc. I have done PTT, Cortisone shots, medication such as tramadol, Vomovo, now prednisone. Getting out of bed in the morning is excruciating. Itakes me almost 15 minutes just to walk the forty feet from my bed to the kitchen, even usung a cain. Then I have to lean over the counter for at least an hour before I can function. Most of the pain is in the lower portion of my butt.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take, Atenolol, Nifediphine, Benicar,Lyrica and Plavix. Wth Spiriva and Advair
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am allergic to aspirin
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
2/3/2017
Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 9 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing and treating all neurological & health conditions and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Sorry to hear about your health situation & sufferings. I see you have tried several treatments but still suffering from severe pain. What I will do is provide you with a list of various other treatments that can be tried to help with this type of nerve pain. I am preparing a list of treatments and if you see any of the treatments from the list not tried yet you may consider exploring them.

I am typing now and I will follow up with you soon.

Best Regards!

Neuro Doctor

The following is the list of various treatments that are available to help with your severe pain condition;

A) Following are the various Medication treatment options;

Pain relieving skin patches like Diclofenac anti-inflammatory pain relieving skin patches, or Lidocaine anesthetic pain relieving skin patches

Nerve-pain pills like Gabapentin, Amitriptyline, Pregabalin

Muscle relaxants like Baclofen or Tizanidine etc

B) Nutritional supplements for the bone, joints & discs like Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM etc (if you use preparations like Flexoplex or Osteo Bi Flex they contain varieties of nutritional supplements including the ones mentioned earlier)

C) Traditional/herbal medicines like Devil’s claw Secondary Root, or Limbrel (Flavocoxid), or Noni concentrate, or Nettle Root extract, or S adenosyl methionine etc

D) Following are some additional measures to help with severe pain;

Diathermy therapy

Ultrasound therapy

Laser therapy (Cold laser therapy or Low Level Laser Therapy)

Interferential therapy - a type electrotherapy

TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) – another type of electrotherapy

COOLIEF Cooled Radiofrequency treatment

Calmare Scrambler Pain therapy (medical device)

Iontophoresis

Lumbar traction therapy

SMT (Spinal Manipulative therapy)

IDD therapy (Intervertebral Differential Dynamics Therapy)

Special forms of spinal injection treatments - PRP (platelet Rich Plasma) spinal injection, Prolotherapy spinal injections, Etanarcept spinal injections, Botox spinal injections etc

Chiropractor spinal manipulations

Osteopathic spinal manipulations

Acupuncture etc

If you see any of the above treatments you have already tried please disregard them and you may explore the treatment options that you have not already tried to help in relieving this severe pain. I am not telling all these above treatments are required in your case, I am providing you with a list of several different treatment options that are available for your condition so that you are familiar with varieties of treatments which you may use as necessary.

Do you see any treatments in the above list you may not have yet tried?

Best Regards!

Neuro Doctor

Hi, have you received the answer I have posted above? I hope you are not encountering any technical glitches to access this site properly. If you require more time it is perfectly fine. Please take your time and go through the above answer when your time permits & when you can. And please let me know if you want to discuss further or if you need any additional clarifications related to this health situation of severe sciatica and disc bulge related pain and I will continue to help you as long as you need my services. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. And if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)