Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My AG ratio is high at 3/3. My phosphorus is a little

Customer Question

My AG ratio is high at 3/3. My phosphorus is a little elevated at 4/6. I am a 51 year old female.
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: No, none. My yearly checkup in October showed the same on phosphate, AG Levels normal but high AST and ALT. I just did a repeat Liver panel last week and my AST and ALT were very normal.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have no gallbladder, and only a bit of my thyroid (however the left lobe has recently regrown and has a growth on it). I was having a chronic sore throat for months and the gastro doctor told me to take 40 mg of nexium twice/day to see if that helped and it did. I have esophageal erosions. Wonder if High AG indicates I need more stomach acidity?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take a little synthroid 1/2 of .0125. 40 mg of nexium. 1/2 of .25 mg of atenolol for High Blood Pressure. Also take a probiotic, fish oil, milk thistle, phosphatidyl choline, artichoke extract, l-carnitine, and a multi-mineral tablet. I am allergic to MRI dye.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

AG ratio is not really important if your albumin and globulin levels are normal on their own.

slight elevation of AST and ALT over their normal range is usuallly not a problem. they are only a problem if they are above 100 or 200 range.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, what about high phosphate?

normal phosphate levels are 2.5-4.5 mg/dL

4.6 is not a worrisome level.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you!

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area.

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com