Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

This is really kind of embarrassing, I've had a boil on the

Customer Question

Hello this is really kind of embarrassing, I've had a boil on the area we're my butt meets my thigh like by my vagina area. It's been there for about 6 months, it drains becoming practically unoticeable. It wasn't bothering me until I wore this thong that I don't think was clean & all of a sudden it became huge again & hurt so bad that every time I walked it would be super painful probably because it was swollen but it seems to be hard like hardened pus or something but tender in an area that I assume is the center. I didn't think it was that bad but my boyfriend just showed me he had one too right at the area that if we we're having sex would've been touching my boil.
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: No recent injuries. I do notice that I get ingrown hairs a lot when I shave because I do a really half ass job at shaving & always cut myself some times in a lot of places & it only swells up for a couple days but if I put alcohol on it it will stop hurting
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Well I have had two concussions. I also have really bad hygiene
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a picture?