How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Sawhney Your Own Question
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7180
Experience:  MBBS,MS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Sawhney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a hip replacement a few years ago which involved 4

Customer Question

I had a hip replacement a few years ago which involved 4 surgeries, 2 for large hematomas. Now, I have a huge bruise over that spot again. Do I need to see a DR?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I take lyrica, topomax, Multi Vit, Vit D, B 12, sertraline, and spironolactone
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have tremor, a history of balance /inner ear problems drop foot, minor issues otherwise ok for 65 yrs old
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: Ears for ever-menieres disease, but lately my sinuses are bothering me. no colds or flu, just that I have headaches, mild ones with pressure, and I feel congested, but when I blow my nose there is nothing there.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your question.
I am Dr.Sawhney an orthopedic surgeon and I will be happy to help you today.
I am reviewing your question and would answer as soon as possible.
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 6 months ago.
New onset spontaneous bruise in the area of previous surgery is an indication for review with your surgeon. As you have a history of hematoma formation in the area you definitely need to see a doctor.
This may just be a superficial bruise but without clinical examination by a doctor, deeper pathology in the joint cannot be ruled out.
Moreover any large spontaneous bruise should also be investigated for any problems with clotting system of our body.
Some tests like coagulation profile, complete blood counts and liver function test are indicated as primary investigation.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.