Medical

Oughing up flemin, No have not and no new medicine, I have…

Customer Question
Oughing up green flemin ...

Oughing up green flemin

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No have not and no new medicine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
... Read full answer

Oughing up green flemin

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No have not and no new medicine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had two espahgical reputure one in 2015 and recent one this October 2016

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/21/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 2 years ago

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

What is your age and gender?

Since when are you coughing green Phlegm?

Do you have fever, bodyache, sinus issue, headache, nausea, nose block or running nose?

What are your present medications?

57 year old white male wensday afternoon have slight running nose some pain in chest I believe due to excessive coughing present medications are omeprazole 40mg once daily,simvastatin 20mg once daily,lisinopril 20 mg once daily,amlodipine besylate 10mg once per day,metoprolol 25 mg twice per day,baby aspirin 81 mg once per day, lantus 20units/ml once per day

The green phlegm may not be necessarily due to bacterial infection only. It can occur due to viral infections too. But if you have fever or body ache or excessive phlegm, an antibiotic would be required. Your symptoms may be due to sinusitis. Sinusitis is treated as following:

1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.

2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.

3) Topical decongestant for short duration.

4) Antihistamines; use only if allergic.

5) Steam vaporizer

6) Eucalyptus oil may help

7) Nasal saline irrigation

8) Vitamin C

9) Antibiotics; if nasal culture is positive and there are signs in CT scan or fever is present.

For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection;

1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.

2) Ginkgo Biloba

3) Zinc 30 mg.

You may also be looked for GERD, which has increasingly been implicated in causing or exacerbating chronic sinusitis. The exact relationships and mechanisms are presently a matter of speculation, though. Omeprazole is good for GERD but may need to add antacids.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Should I wait till Monday to my primary care doc or is this emergency room quality

If the coughing is almost non stop, or you have breathlessness, significant pain or discomfort in chest, high grade fever, nausea, loss of appetite, you may consider going to emergency room or urgent care. Otherwise you may wait till Monday.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you for your timely adivice and explaination

You are most welcome.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
There I have been feeling severe fatigue for 3 weeks but
Hey there I have been feeling severe fatigue for 3 weeks but starting about 2.5 weeks ago began a slight fever and sore throat with the severe fatigue. Now I still feel severe fatigue, slight temp, so… read more
Radiation Oncology Attending Director,
BUN/Creatine-level-is-25.9-with-history-of-autoimmune-thromb
BUN/Creatine-level-is-25.9-with-history-of-autoimmune-thrombocytopenia-diagnosis-in-October-2015-with-current-platlet-count-of-272--should-I-be-concerned? … read more
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Consultant Cardiologist,
I have hypothyroidism. I was taking levothyroxin for nine
I have hypothyroidism. I was taking levothyroxin for nine months. I noticed my alkaline phosphatase was going up, so I checked with a doctor, and stopped. My alkaline phosphatase is still high. The do… read more
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM
Consultant Physician& Rheumatologist,
Stop searching for answers—
The right side of my neck is swollen, and also the inside of
The right side of my neck is swollen, and also the inside of my mouth. … read more
Dr Su S
Dr Su S
I need this answered in no uncertain terms. The dates all
I need this answered in no uncertain terms. The dates all pertain to last year. On 8/31/16 I had a miscarriage. I bled for the next two weeks. I cannot remember if I had a period for the month of Sept… read more
Doctor,
I have a question about WBC counts. In 2015 my WBC count was
Hi! I have a question about WBC counts. In 2015 my WBC count was 6.1, in 2015 it was around the same. 2016 it was 5.8. And then I had my WBC in June and it was 4.8 and this past week it was 4.1. Shoul… read more
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Assistant Professor, Critical Care,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I need a second opinion on some medical diagnosis that has
I need a second opinion on some medical diagnosis that has been going on with since 2016 … read more
Radiation Oncology Attending Director,
I had 4 ct abdomen/pelvis scans(1 in April 2013, 1 in May
I had 4 ct abdomen/pelvis scans(1 in April 2013, 1 in May 2013 and two back to back Sept 2016, 12 abdominal xrays within 6 months and 5 2 view chest xrays. Am I going to get cancer?… read more
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Healthcare consultant,
I had an insitu melanoma diagnosed in October of 2015 (you
I had an insitu melanoma diagnosed in October of 2015 (you can see the scar on the picture). On Tuesday this week, I had another mole removed (the one that's circled in the picture). Am really worried… read more
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Assistant Professor, Critical Care,
Second opinion] I would to ask a question related to
Second opinion] Hi, I would to ask a question related to gastroenterology. I have spina bifida and severe kyphoscoliosis, and use a wheelchair for mobility. Due to my condition, I have chronic constip… read more
Doctor,
I am starting to feel anxious a lot. I just cannot focus or
I am starting to feel anxious a lot. I just cannot focus or settle and yet all I want to do is just lie down and stare at a wall or rock. Simultaneously, I feel flat. Then I perk up again a bit. The p… read more
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
To understand a recent positive RPR test, yet I'm not
I'm Trying to understand a recent positive RPR test, yet I'm not sexually active. I did meet with a rheumatologist today who has ordered more tests & xrays. My last sexual encounter was July 2015. Lab… read more
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin
Consultant Dermatologist,
Master Degree in Dermatology
Stop searching for answers—
Happy New Year! Just wanted to give you an update on the
Happy New Year!Just wanted to give you an update on the biopsy from my nose, it came back as a wart.Also, back in Dec 2015, I had a PE, and during a MRI just to check on other things, a 1.3 cm Bosniak… read more
TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor
Physician,
Attached are the MRI reports, one from August 2016 and
Attached are the MRI reports, one from August 2016 and December 2016. What are your opinions on the cyst on pancreas?They were not acknowledged on a ct w/contrast or a MRI w/o contrast in Dec 2015 or … read more
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin
Consultant Dermatologist,
Master Degree in Dermatology
MD only I have high globulin levels of 3.9. Normal range is
MD only I have high globulin levels of 3.9. Normal range is 2.3-3.5. What symptoms should I be worried about? I know that this is indicative of some chronic inflammatory or infectious disease or condi… read more
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Healthcare consultant,
Dear Dr, i will shortly describe my situation. I started
Dear Dr Frank, My Name is ***** ***** will shortly describe my situation. I started twitching in October 2015 mainly in the thighs- by now i have body wide twitches. Furthermore i have symmetrical mus… read more
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid
PGR (Internal Medicine),
About 3 yrs ago I had Mohs surgery by a dermatologist to
About 3 yrs ago I had Mohs surgery by a dermatologist to remove a squamous cell lesion on the surface of my right shoulder. Two years later I had soreness and irritation on the site of that surgery. A… read more
Radiation Oncology Attending Director,
I am 54 years old male. Since two years I am taking ESPIN
I am 54 years old male. Since two years I am taking ESPIN (S-) AMLODIPINE TABLETS I.P 2.5 mg twice a day for BP. Recently I had a "trigger finger" and cortisone injection was given below that finger a… read more
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert
Consultant,
MBBS