Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What are the small particles that are moveablend located…

What are the small...

What are the small particles that are moveablend located between the bones of the instep of the feet?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes. I went to a Podiatrist and he did not know what they were and what caused them.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/18/2017
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor

Hi there. Can you feel particles when you press on the area? Can you see any abnormalities in the overlying skin?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can . I can move them up the instep to the bone that is raised push the particle l and it is destroyed. However I get many and it takes a long time to get rid of them all.

These may be plantar fibromas. They are the most common reason for a lump or lumps to develop on the arch of the foot. They are often small (less than 1cm), but can grow larger. They may occur as a single lesion or they may present as multiple lesions, typically along the medial border of the plantar fascia.

Plantar fibromas are benign and are composed of dense, fibrous tissue. Rapid-growing and multi-planar fibromas are considered plantar fibromatosis. Many patients with plantar fibromatosis do not have any symptoms and when they do, it is often only a vague discomfort like “walking on lumps”. These masses can be treated non-surgically with a custom or soft accommodating prefabricated orthotic. However, if they grow larger or are a persistent source of discomfort, they can be removed surgically.

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Dr Stan
Phone call session started