Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have a cancer in the back of my nose. I am getting

Customer Question

I have a cancer in the back of my nose. I am getting radiation for the last six sessions. I notice my nose is clogged, when I use a nasaline to unclogged it. There is blood coming out. Is that bad?
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Blood coming out during unclogging is side effect of radiation. Radiation is meant to kill the cancer cells but surrounding structures too are injured or damaged slightly due to radiation. The blood is most likely coming out due to it. You may contact your doctor for evaluation and confirmation, but this is unlikely to be a bad sign.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.