How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Subbanna MD Your Own Question
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5548
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Subbanna MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm years old I've been in good health all my years until

This answer was rated:

I'm 69 years old I've been in good health all my years until recently I now can only walk about 100 feet before my muscles give out?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I take no p;lls
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I can't think of anything

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing and treating all neurological & health conditions and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Sorry to hear about your new health symptoms. I am currently reviewing your question, I will reply to you very soon with more details.

Best Regards!

Are you having any lower back pain?

Any numbness or pain in the legs?

Any symptoms in the arms?

Please let me know.


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did get hit by a car about a month ago and did hit my head but the hospital said I was ok.

Okay I see. Appreciate for all these additional information. I am preparing & typing my answer now and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Okay I am ready; I am posting my answer here;

There are various possibilities to explain these new symptom of leg weakness & legs giving out including the following;

Myopathy (primary muscle conditions)

Neuropathy (primary nerve conditions)

Spinal nerve root conditions

Spinal cord conditions etc

You need a thorough neurological examination in the clinic followed by certain relevant investigations which may include an a nerve & muscle test of the legs, an MRI scan of the spine and any additional investigations as necessary and then treated appropriately.

You may please see your doctors, preferably a neurologist so that you can receive a thorough neurological examination & investigations and then treated appropriately as discussed above. In the meantime you may start a course of physical therapy to bud up muscle strength in the legs.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Best Regards!

Neuro Doctor

Sorry there was a typo, I meant to build up muscle strength, sorry for the typing error

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm ss and don't get until 2-3-17 I will do what I can thank you

You are very welcome!

I earnestly hope you will get an early diagnosis and early treatments!

Wishing you a quick & complete recovery!

All the very best!

Hi, do you have any additional questions? Do you want to discuss this further? Please let me know.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you