Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I was in the hospital and was given ampicilian thru an iv.

I was in the hospital and was given ampicilian thru an iv .
unfrtuanatly I had a reaction to it and developed a bad rash on my buttocks and back and under both arms
. the told me to take benadril and a benidril cream .
I personally think is getting worse . however it been less than 24 hours .is this going to continue to get worse before it gets better, and is there anything else I can do to retard it.
thanks

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

It would start improving in couple of days. I would recommend you to continue tablet benadryl and apply 1% hydrocorticone cream if benadryl cream is not that effective. Observe for another day if it does not begin to improve do followup with your doctor.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on the top of this screen.

Regards.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.