Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Treatment for fungus under the breast? Yes Medication:

Customer Question

treatment for fungus under the breast?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes Medication: Athlete's foot and Nystatin powder.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: 5mg predisone, Levothroxin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have microscopic colitis which is under control. I have been taking prednisone for polymyorheumatica
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Captain replied 7 months ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations. I will first provide a summary answer to your question, AND, if you would prefer some additional back-and-forth, with additional questions and more details clarified, I'm more than happy to stay around with you, free of any additional cost to you. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Our goal here is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

If you're confident that fungus is the correct diagnosis, the medicine for athletes foot (likely clotrimazole) should do the trick for fungus underneath a breast. There are some other options available over the counter you could try, and of course, there are also options that are prescription.

The over the counter options I have in mind are, of course, clotrimazole cream if you're not already using that (sold as Tinactin), and Selsun Blue Shampoo, which contains Selenium sulfide. The prescription versions of these are much stronger, and so typically work a fair amount more quickly, but they are reasonable and effective, although somewhat slower, options if you would prefer.