Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have had diarrhea ever since the Christmas Day, and it is

Customer Question

I have had diarrhea ever since the Christmas Day, and it is not painful in my gut. I have tried Lopermide, doesn't touch it. I am very in tune with my stool, how many times a day I have bowel movements, and their consistency. I have never had this issue for this long. Normally it is eating to much ethnic food, but I am frustrated. In the morning when I awake there is a little pain in my lower stomach, until I either go to the restroom or have my coffee. Being a therapist it has become hard to do my groups without the fear of having to use the restroom 3-4 times.
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am epileptic. My neurologist is switching me from 4000mg a day of Keppra to Tegratol.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Have you had any antibiotics lately for any reason?

any other med changes?