Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

About 25 minutes ago I took 100mg of trazodone and also

Customer Question
Hi there, about 25 minutes...
Hi there, about 25 minutes ago I took 100mg of trazodone and also combined it with alcohol is that going to be problematic?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No allergies. I take escitalopram also
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
1/10/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today

There is moderate interaction between trazodone & alcohol.Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of traZODone such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating.

There is no serious or dangerous side effect or interaction.

In clinics,when patient ask,we allow them to take alcohol in light to moderate amounts when taking trazodone.

So bot***** *****ne is that you need to avoid driving or anything that needs concentration.Otherwise there is nothing serious or to worry as you have taken 100mg of trazodone and also combined it with alcohol.

Thank you.
Hope this helped
If you have any further question then you can ask me.
Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

So in conclusion I can say that you need to avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery.

There is only moderate interaction between trazodone & alcohol & one may get dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating.

No serious/dangerous side effect/interaction between these.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Just checking in to see how things are going. Hope you did not got any side effects from trazodone & alcohol?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you.

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor