How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18663
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just have a question regarding a slight worry I have with

Customer Question

Hi I just have a question regarding a slight worry I have with something...
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have not, no medication
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: None daily, allergic to sulfa medications
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.


Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

What are your symptoms or what is the problem that made you worry?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.

Dear customer

I am sorry.Phone call is not available at this moment.I am happy to address your follow-up questions via chat mode. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks dr josh. I am 27 yrs old, male, Caucasian.So about 2 weeks ago, I woke up with chest pains, especially when breathing in. I also had some indigestion throughout the day. Also, I noticed a tiny bump in my upper middle chest, right in the center and almost towards the top of my rib age. (About 4 inches above the nipple line). It only hurt when I took deep breathes. Over the next two days, the indigestion subsided, but I still had what appeared to be a tiny bump almost on the outside of my rib cage (it's right under the skin). The pain from deep exhales eventually lessened over last week, and is essentially gone by this week, but I still think there is a bump there. I honestly can't tell if it's just my bone structure and something I've never noticed before, or if it's new and related to the issues I listed above. I really hope you can help, and I thank you & appreciate your time.Best,Andrew
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.

Hello Andrew. This is Dr. Love. The other expert has opted out.

The most common cause of chest pain in a young adult is from inflammation of the chest, particularly inflammation along the joints where the ribs connect to the breast bone, called costochondritis. It is also common for the pain from costochondritis to be worse when taking a deep breath, because the deep breath is causing these joints to move a greater amount. The inflammation of one of these joints can also cause some swelling, and can feel like a bump, such as you describe.

It is also possible to get inflammation inside the chest that can cause chest pain that is worse when taking a deep breath, such as inflammation of the lining around the lung, but this is less common and would not cause a bump that can be felt.

It is a good sign that the pain is improving spontaneously, and it is not unusual that a bump from inflammation may take several weeks after the pain stops for the bump to resolve. There are a couple of home interventions that can be done to help. Since the pain has improved spontaneously, it is not necessary to do something for the bump, but if you would like to speed recovery, there are a couple interventions that can help. It can help to apply moist heat to the area of the bump 2-3 times per day for 15-20 minutes. It also can hep to take an over the counter anti-inflammatory medicine, such as ibuprofen or naproxen. Anti-inflammatory medicines can cause stomach irritation, and in someone with recent indigestion, it is reasonable to be cautious with the use of anti-inflammatory medicines. So, it would be reasonable to try the moist heat first, and you can consider an anti-inflammatory medicine based on the clinical progress with using moist heat.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you so much Dr Love. I really appreciate it, it really sounds like you described exactly what I have going on. You have put my mind at ease as I was panicking about all of the other possible bad things it could be. Thank you!!
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.

You are most welcome.