Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Ure for big toe pain, weeks, ulcerattis colites

Customer Question

ure for big toe pain
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: weeks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: ulcerattis colites
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Any tests done for this big toe pain?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
age 86 no tests
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The most common causes of big toe pain you are having since last few weeks are: gout, ingrown toenails, bunions,arthritis.

Gout is one of the most common cause of big toe pain.If too much uric acid is being produced or if the kidneys are not able to remove it from the blood normally, the level of uric acid in the blood increases.Increased concentrations of uric acid can cause crystals to form in the joints especially big toe which leads to the joint inflammation and pain characteristic of gout.

You need following tests:
-Serum uric acid level

-ESR(erthythrocyte sedimentation rate) & other blood tests
-Urine examination

-X-ray of toe

Take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly in pain relief.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your ortho doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. How is your big toe pain now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you.

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh