How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Scott Your Own Question
Dr. Scott
Dr. Scott, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 821
Experience:  Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Scott is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] I recently had a chest infection and had

Customer Question

Second opinion] Hi,
I recently had a chest infection and had antibiotics to get rid of it, after a week or so I then developed a red rash on the underside of my penis going down to my scrotum, my penis itself is also red, my scrotum is also a darkish colour and extremely itchy. Ive had a little discharge but it doesn't hurt when I urinate. I recently went to a sexual health clinic and got blood and urine testing which came back normal and they said it was thrush, they prescribed me clotrimazole it helped a little bit but its been well over a month now and its still there,
please help
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 9 months ago.
Hi there,
How old are you?
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 9 months ago.
This sounds like jock itch which is a fungal infection of the skin of the groin or inner thighs, and is commonly known as Tinea cruris.
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 9 months ago.
If I were you, I would try a different antifungal cream. You should use the antifungal cream for at least 14 days as prescribed in the bottle. Most of them or twice a day. If you file different antifungal cream, you should consider topical steroid cream with oral antifungal medication
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 9 months ago.
You should also apply baby powder which will decrease the amount of friction and hopefully improve the itch. Zyrtec is an anti-histaminethat comes in a topical or cream solution. It is very good for itching. You can apply that to the areas that itch.
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 9 months ago.
In addition, you should try to avoid wearing tight fitting clothes in participating in sports or physical activity that can increase perspiration in that area.