How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 55454
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Had the flu and vomited violently. Left esophagus very

Customer Question

had the flu and vomited violently. Left esophagus very tender. What can I do to sooth it I'm only eating Boost and chicken noodle soup.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Have irritable bowel. Am Down's Syndrome. Never had heart problems. Am 43 and no longer have menstrual cycles but use to really vomit during them. Chest would ache following it.
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Health has been good. 2 uncles died of heart problems. Grandmother died of lung cancer. Had 3 surgeries on knees and don't walk well. Inactive
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 months ago.

I would try prilosec

This is a great drug to reduce acid exposure to the esophagus

this will help it heal

Is this helpful?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a 5 star positive rating.

I appreciate it. :)
If you have more questions, just reply.