Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My husband has a big toe left foot which is purple around

Customer Question

My husband has a big toe left foot which is purple around base of nail and skin is red and swollen at base of the nail
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: several weeks, a month maybe,could we send you a photo?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Oct 24th had right hip replacement, left foot always seems cold probably best to send you a photo?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your husband. Yes it would be best to attach a picture of the foot so i can see what is going on. Also does he have pain in the toes? any numbness, tingling or burning? Any other medical conditions or medications he might be on?