Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I have been on Suboxone since 2006 for drug addiction for

Customer Question

I have been on Suboxone since 2006 for drug addiction for pain and my lower back middle back neck arms elbows hands I have a broken tailbone that is jammed up into my back and makes my hips and my whole back off and I live in constant pain I became addicted to pain pills heroin and anything else I could take for the pain and 2006 I went into rehab and Michigan at Brighton hospital and have been on Suboxone film since they came out with it with the Suboxone card I am 61 years old and I'm looking for a Suboxone doctor near Gunter Texas or Sherman Texas or Celina Texas that is where my kids live and I plan on moving there because my husband just died and November and I want to be by my kids so I am looking for a doctor that prescribes long term used for suboxone for pain
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take 8 milligrams of Suboxone film 2 times a day I am allergic to penicillin Benadryl Aretha myosin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: The Suboxone doesn't take all the pain away but it makes it manageable there was nothing they can do with my back since my tailbone was broke in the eighties and jammed up words and the older I get the more my back shifts and the more pain I am in. This sucks and keeps it tolerable and keeps you be coming from becoming an addict again which I would never ever ever want to become again that was the worst time of my life
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing and treating all neurological & health conditions and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear about your husband.

I am also sorry hear you are suffering from severe pain and you are on suboxone film and you are looking for a doctor who can prescribe suboxone for you on long term basis in the areas of texas you have mentioned above since you are planning on to mover there.

Please see suboxone is prescribed by pain specialists. What I will do is provide you with a list of pain specialists in the areas you have mentioned and you may try to see one of them near to your area who can help you with giving prescription for suboxone films. Before seeing them you may please call their office and make sure they do prescribe suboxone (most pain specialists can prescribe suboxone).

This is the web link and you will see Amhan pain management clinic as one of the most famous pain management clinics in that area, and you can explore the other pain clinics or pain specialists too in that area. And you can use the following web site (healthgrades.com which I have provided below) to search for a pain specialist or any doctor of any specialty in USA, in and around the area of your choice;

https://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-muhamad-amhan-y6wpk

If you need any help in using the above web site please let me know.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Best Regards!

Neuro Doctor

Here is some additional information;

You may try the following web link too to search for a suboxone (buprenorphine) prescribing dr;

https://www.naabt.org/contact_us.cfm

After reaching the above web site you may click “Find Buprenorphine treatment” and it will take you to a page where you can find buprenorphine (suboxone) treatment providers; and the following is the direct link to this page;

https://www.treatmentmatch.org/index.php

Hi, please go through the above answer when your time permits and please let me know if you have any additional questions, or if you want to discuss this further.

Best Regards!