How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have what feels like terrible gas and bloating, maybe

Customer Question

I have what feels like terrible gas and bloating, maybe related to a gastric bypass surgery 8 years ago. I have had these symptoms for about a year. I am also concerned it may be because of drinking. I am miserable and don't know what to do!
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I will ask for a referral on Monday and have taken rolaids, pepto bismal and prilosec. None help much.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Well, used to be fat, now thin and having trouble eating. I worry about being able to keep food down. I have a condition in which food and drink gets "stuck" somewhere in my chest and I wind up spitting up half of what I take in.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: With these issues, about a year. I don't feel well most of the time and know I need to take better care of myself and eat right, but eating gets harder and harder.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

you need to see a doctor right away

and get an upper endoscopy scope procedure to look for blockage in your esophagus

a blockage in your esophagus can cause you weight loss and keep you from being able to swallow food down