Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I had a hydrocele surgery on my right testicle four years

Customer Question

I had a hydrocele surgery on my right testicle four years ago, and now the testicle is a third the size it was before, also, I now have a left hydrocele and will require surgery. I've been putting it off because I feel like I'm not going to have anything left.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes....I was on Prednisone four three years for an auto imune disese called Polymiocitis....I am no longer on Pred. but I am taking 20mgs of methotrexate per week
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I am taking omeprizol for gerd 20mgs daily I have Degenerative spine disese have had several spine surgeries and have Rheumatoid arthritis I am taking Dolophine 50mgs daily for chronic pain, No other meds on board at this time....I turn 61 this month
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No Mam
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you need to see a urologist to get your hydrocele's drained out of your testicle

you will still have your scrotum and testicle after your surgery.

why are you worried you are not going to have anything left?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They removed three quarters of my testicle....Would you want to have a testicles the size of filberts?

you can have testicular prosthesis put in place to replace the testicle tissue which was removed.