Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Are you a doctor? Okay. I've been having a sharp sort of

Customer Question
Are you a doctor? JA: No...
Are you a doctor?
JA: No. I'm the Doctor's Assistant.
Customer: Okay. I've been having a sharp sort of dull pain on top of my head.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Recurring every 5 min or so for the past 3 hours.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a arachnoid cyst. But that's it. The cyst is about the size of a walnut or grape
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
1/7/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you doctor

how old are you/

your arachnoid cysts in your brain could be causing your sharp sort of pain at the top of your head

are you drinking enough water?

I'm 26. I drink a lot of water and eat healthy. The size of my cyst I've been told is not big enough to cause symptoms. Is this true?
It is located in the posterior fossa. The pain is on top of my head.

I don't know how large your cyst is.

have you tried any tylenol or advil for your pains?

It hurts sometimes when I move or breath a certain way.
I have not. But those cut the symptoms not the cause correct? The size of my cyst is about the size of a large grape.

"But those cut the symptoms not the cause correct?"?

I don't know what that means.

how intense is your pain on a scale from 0-10?

When it happens. About a 7. But it's sperradic
I mean it relieves the pain but not the cause. When I take pain relief medication.
Sporadic* sorry my spelling was off lol

to know the cause you need to see your doctor for more testing and medical evaluation

lack of sleep can cause headaches.

food allergy, migraines, caffeine withdraw, grinding your teeth and other causes can cause headaches.

I've slept plenty today. Don't think I grind my teeth. And I don't drink coffee ever.
Didn't eat anything out of the ordinary today either.

these could be migraine headaches

or stress or tension headaches.

Can stress cause it even in one isolated location on your head? And sporadically, not continuous.
This only happened once before. But it's lasted longer this time.

stress can cause isolated headaches on your head.

yes, you said it was sporadic before.

Okay last question, what is the recommended pain relief medication for this? Ide prefer one that doesn't increase blood pressure.

if tylenol works, use tylenol

if advil works, then advil. but with food in your stomach and with plenty of water.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area.

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician