How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vakul Aren Your Own Question
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4010
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Vakul Aren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has the Padgets -bone. Is there any type of

Customer Question

My husband has the Padgets -bone. Is there any type of treatment?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes, have seen several drs. They claim they donot know how to tREAT HIM.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: His blood pressure is low and sugar is low . Is loosing his hearing, eye sight and just in the last month his teeth is breaking off. Has gone from 353 lbs to
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Have you been feeling dizzy or lightheaded?
Customer: currently is l80 llbs.Check up every three months
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 6 months ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Paget's Disease (PD) is quite rare and most doctors are not comfortable in dealing with this.It would be prudent to discuss this with your PCP/Doctor and ask him to recommend a referral to the nearest teaching hospital or tertiary care hospital which will have the resources and experience in dealing with the PD.Oral and injectable drugs are used for treating this,there may be other problems which can easily be investigated at a bigger hospital.