How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Dr. says I have slightly enlarged red blood cells and

Customer Question

My Dr. says I have slightly enlarged red blood cells and want to run more tests! If all else is ok, she wants to send me to a hemotologist
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: The Basic annual exam. Took three vials
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Two of the most common causes of enlarged blood cells is deficiency of vitamin B-12 and folic acid which can lead to decreased hemoglobin level. Both are easily treatable conditions by supplements. Nothing much to worry about. I would recommend to followup with your doctor so that exact cause can be found.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.