Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Im 26 years old and have had a few issues for the past 6

Customer Question
Hello, Im 26 years old...
Hello, Im 26 years old and have had a few issues for the past 6 months surrounding my anus, mainly itching and a strange sensation when passing a stool, occasinally but not much bleeding and swolen anus that goes and comes back frequently this has been happening for around 6 months but seems to be worse now than before. there isnt much pain but sometimes i do get some brown leaked out fluid. I have tried everything over the counter from anusol to clotrimazole and savlon which do not seem to work. I had a feel around and can feel something dangly a few inches up my anus passage. do you reccomend to see a GP and if so whats the most likely cause? thanks .
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
1/5/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 year ago

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay thanks

Your symptoms are suggestive of hemorrhoids.

The treatment of hemorrhoids is by warm sitz bath, avoiding straining, keeping the stools soft and local application of the ointment like proctosedyl or Preparation-H. Following is the detailed advisory;

1) Avoid constipation by not postponing the urge to defecate; Many over-the-counter options helps speed bowel movements and decrease straining. Duphalac is best. A soft stool helps in decreasing the irritation and associated swelling of hemorrhoids.

2) Eat a balanced, high-fiber diet; Increased dietary fiber of 25-30 grams / day. High fiber cereal can help reach this goal quickly.

3) Drink plenty of water and liquids (about 2 liters a day)

4) Regular exercise; this helps in relieving constipation, if any.

5) Avoid excessive pressure and straining during defecation. Don't sit for extended periods, limit this time as much as possible.

6) Avoid irritant foods, chillies and hot herbs and substances.

7) Warm sitz baths; this is universally soothing for pain and may help decrease the hemorrhoid size. This is done thrice a day for couple of days and then twice a day (15 minutes each time).

8) Local ointments applied in anal canal which contain xylocaine and vasconstrictors (OTC product).

If these are unable to resolve your symptoms by week-end, you may consider consulting your GP.

Wish you a very happy, prosperous, healthy and safe new year 2017.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor