Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

IVE BEEN HAVING PAIN ON MY RIGHT CHEST AND HAS NOW MOVED

Customer Question
ALITTLE TOWARDS MY CEST CLEAVAGE...
IVE BEEN HAVING PAIN ON MY RIGHT CHEST AND HAS NOW MOVED ALITTLE TOWARDS MY CEST CLEAVAGE AREA
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: IM WHEEZING WHEN I MAKE CALLS OR TALK IT HURTS I WORK AT A CALL CENTER
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: IM DIABETIC HAVE LDL
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
1/4/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. My name is***** and i am reviewing your question and will get back to you with a response soon, in the meantime can you tell me if you have any cough? Any fever? Is the area on your chest tender, that is it hurts to press down on it?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later on.

Im very sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now from what you are describing the chest pain and also the wheezing both can occur in a condition like bronchitis. This is a condition in which there is inflammation of the lining of the airways which leads to them being narrowed. This would also cause cough as well as fever in most cases. The treatment is based on the cause, if it is viral in nature then simple supportive measures would be helpful but bacterial infections would need treatment with antibiotics. Usually bronchitis is treated with medications like OTC antihistamines like claritin, allergra or zyrtec along with cough suppressants like OTC dextromethrophan. The pain which arises as a result of this would be treated with OTC anti inflammatory medications like motrin or aleve.

Another cause of this could be due to inflammation of the lining of the lungs which is known as the pleura. This condition is known as pleurisy which can develop after a viral infection and can cause pain which worsens on deep inspiration. This would be treated with steroids among other things.

Another cause can be development of pneumonia, which would also cause chest pain, cough, fever as well as wheezing which you are experiencing. In this case you would need a chest xray to be diagnosed and then treated with antibiotics along with several other medications.

It is also possible that the respiratory symptoms that is the wheezing and the chest pain are only indirectly related, you could have developed bronchitis but the chest pain can be due to costochondritis which is a condition in which there is inflammation of the cartilages of the ribs. This would cause pain in this region and also cause pain on breathing as well as tenderness. The treatment is with drugs like motrin or aleve. Infact diabetics are more prone to develop costochondritis.

In short i think you should be immediately evaluated simply because you have wheezing and you have pain on simple talking, a clinical examination and a chest xray is necessary here. You should visit the ER or your doctor to get this done but in the meantime, you should start using OTC antihistamines like claritin or zyrtec or allegra along with drugs like motrin and aleve for the pain to help manage your symptoms.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor