Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Recently found out I was pregnant. Last period was around

Customer Question

Recently found out I was pregnant. Last period was around nov 1. I went to the bathroom and there was bright red blood in my underwear and a little more when I wiped. I'm not sure if I'm having a miscarriage and if I should see a doctor. I don't have health insurance yet.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: A little back pain but I've have that for like the last 3 weeks. My periods are 30-35 days apart. I also have PCOS. I've had 2 normal pregnancies before this.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Ni
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Well bright red blood is a matter for concern, as in early pregnancy you would experience bleeding but that is usually pinkish in color. Bright red color blood may indicate that there is developing miscarriage. Now if this is accompanied by any abdominal cramps or abdominal pain then you would definitely need to go to the ER ASAP however if you dont have any abdominal pain at all, then you can wait for an hour or so to see if the bleeding occurs again and if it does then you would need to go to the ER and if it doesnt then you can monitor the situation. BUT remember any increase in bleeding, a repeated bleeding episode, abdominal pain or cramps of any sort means you will have to go to the ER ASAP!

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.