Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I am a 35 year old male. I am very healthy. I eat lots of

Customer Question

Hi. I am a 35 year old male. I am very healthy. I eat lots of fruits and veggies. I have no family history of any types of cancer. No std's,. No Hpv. I have a small bump right inside the my anus. It is super tiny (watermelon seed) and sort of has a scab like texture to it. It was present (same location) about 2 months ago and after applying preparation H, it went almost completely away. I thought maybe there was little scar tissue left, as I could hardly still feel it. It has resurfaced again. No itching, no paid, no bleeding. I also have no history of hemorrhoid's. Of course my mind gets the best of me and I am worried that it could be anal cancer. Thoughts?
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 7 months ago.

Hi there. This description would be consistent with a small hemorrhoid that clotted. Some can break open slightly and then scab over. They often first occur in the late 20s or 30s. They tend to come and go. They are far, far more common than anal cancer. They tend to improve with prep H and avoiding hard stool and straining. If it is a recurrent hemorrhoid, it can be banded or surgically removed. Ask your doctor to check it. If he or she can't treat it effectively in the office, a referral can be sent to proctology.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
after it went away, it has the capacity to just come back?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 7 months ago.

Yes, this is very common. Hemorrhoids are small veins. Once they become distended or enlarged, blood flow through them ceases to be laminar (linear) and the irregular flow leads to slowing and clotting. The vein can then become inflammed as well. If stool breaks it open, it can bleed.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions about any of this.