Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Trouble sleeping on my right i start getting dizzy also when

Customer Question

trouble sleeping on my right i start getting dizzy also when i tilt my head back to drink a glass of water or bending over to fast?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: Since last fri. morn. woke up on my right side and was very dizzy,walking helps no just lying down on my right side is the worst.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take blood med.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Do you get dizzy, with change in head movements?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Are you on any medications?

Shortness of breath?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.

Dear,

Thanks for staying Online. I am posting my answer.

Well, having dizziness which come after tilting head or bending, is related with a condition Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo called as BPPV.

Such episodes can come, and then go and then again re-occur. It occurs when the semicircular canals in ear, become sensitive to changes in head position, and may occur when you lay on bed.

Also with this ,change in positions such symptoms appear. And BPPV usually lasts a minute or two. It can be mild, or it can be bad enough.

Your doctor will do test- Dix-Hallpike test.

Doctor can treat this condition with series of movement called as canalith repositioning procedure.This can be done by doctor.
Also Thyroid function test, Blood sugar test should be done.
For the time, you can take Tab. Dimenhydrinate(Dramamine) for dizziness.It is OTC drug.
I would recommend you to consult ENT doctor for clinical evaluation and get it managed.

God bless you and take care.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Wishing you a very Happy New year 2017

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh