Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am on day 10 of a cold and every time I exhale especially

Customer Question
Hi there I am on...
Hi there I am on day 10 of a cold and every time I exhale especially after coughing I have very audible crackling sound. I noticed today sometimes when I'm inhailing there's a wheezing. I have a terrible unproductive and dry cough, although it feels my lungs are filling with fluid. Should I see a doctor or just let this cold play out ?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: The cough has been there for about seven days – really no other symptoms at this point.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, i've been a pretty healthy person to date
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
1/4/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Do you have shortness of breath, fever, nausea, loss of appetite?

Loss of appetite very much, some nausea (but was thinking from coughing so much and so hard). I had a 100.5-102.0 fever the first 5 or 6 days, but no fever now.
No phone call please.

Phone request is automated site response. Please ignore it. I am writing you the answer. I would post in 2-3 minutes.

Thanks so much

You are very welcome.

You should consult a doctor to rule out walking pneumonia by a chest x-ray. Waling pneumonia occurs due to viral infection or low grade bacterial infection. It may need a course of antibiotics. The other possibility is bronchitis which is treated as following (would need prescription medicines);

1) Adequate rest / bed rest if symptoms are severe.

2) cough suppressants such as codeine and dextromethorphan.

3) ipratropium bromide

4) theophylline

5) steroids.

6) Occasionally antibiotics may be prescribed.

7) Zinc supplement; this increases the body immunity.

Wish you a very happy, prosperous, healthy and safe new year 2017.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you very much. Should I call the Dr. tomorrow or go to the emeregency tonight?

You are most welcome.

It is better to get it evaluated today because of your fever.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor