Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I was stressed and got very cold and started shaking and

Customer Question

i was stressed and got very cold and started shaking and crying and couldn't stop. I drank try to calm myself down but couldn't stop crying. went to the emergency room but didn't stay. what did I experience
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no but my stress level was great. I had been under stress for a long time and I thinkI snapped. I wanted to die.
JA: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?
Customer: I have been considering that foraging time but the crying and cold was organic, something Couldn't stop, also couldn't stop crying. not like that now but wanted to know if there was a name for what i experienced.A nervous breakdown?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are stressed.

it sounds like you had a panic attack

you may benefit from going on medications to help decrease your anxiety symptoms.

are you willing to see your doctor to talk about treatment for excessive anxiety symptoms?