Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Ive had a low grade fever for over a month, body aches and

Customer Question

Ive had a low grade fever for over a month, body aches and no energy. Ive had difficulty with bowel movements and on many occasions when I wipe im getting blood. on a couple of occasions enough blood to soak thru underwear and pajamas.
JA: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?
Customer: had fever for about a month
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had colon resection in 1987 for diverticulus, and barriatric surgery in 2007. had procedure for regular check of colon about 3years ago. IM 70 years of age.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 9 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear that you have a continuing fever and rectal bleeding. The cause of the fever and bleeding could be a recurrence of diverticulitis. Since you had a negative colonoscopy 3 years ago, I would not suspect the cause to be a tumor. There could also be a partial obstruction in the bowel that would explain the difficult bowel movements and the blood. May I suggest you contact your doctor for evaluation as an anemia may have developed causing the "no energy" that you describe.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 9 months ago.

How are you feeling?