How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Scott Your Own Question
Dr. Scott
Dr. Scott, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 686
Experience:  Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Scott is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to find a family doctor that will refer me to a pain

Customer Question

I need to find a family doctor that will refer me to a pain management specialist. I quit going to my last PM doctor because he really messed me up. Thanks, ***** *****
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I've been in chronic neck, shoulder, and back pain for over 10 years. Heat, ice, and the meds I was taking helped, not 100%, but better. Driving, standing, computer use, which is my profession hurt the worst.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have lost over 60 pounds in the past 3 years, and am trying to quit smoking. I also have a history of anxiety, and some depression.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 6 months ago.
Hi there.
What medications have you tried?
You should not have any difficulties finding a primary care doctor that will send you to a pain management doctor. You will find a lot of difficulty getting into a pain management doctor. Unfortunately we can not send you to a pain management doctor, but I would highly recommend seeing a pain doctor.
What other questions can I answer for you?