How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Anil Your Own Question
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9399
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have bulge around my center midsection area that appears

Customer Question

I have bulge around my center midsection area that appears to be getting larger and is sometimes painful.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Any history of previous surgery?

Are you having a bulge in abdomen?

Any history of diabetes or hypertension?

Does the bulge increase in size on coughing?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am 67 years of age. A male gender. I had surgery for an abdominal anurism no mention of rupture. I am a diabetic with hypertension blood pressure. No. The is not noticed to increase when coughing. The bulge is around my center naval area.
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 8 months ago.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,possible causes may include

Diastasis recti. This is basically a separation of the two abdominal wall muscles (the right and left rectus muscles).

A hernia (which is due to weakness in the muscles of the abdominal wall).
As it is painful and increasing in size so I do recommend that you follow up (non-urgently) with your regular doctor to confirm the diagnosis.

If you develop a sudden onset of pain in the the area, go to the ER.

Prevent constipation and eat fiber rich diet.

Also avoid any strenuous physical activity for a while.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.