Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My wife has a history of going into pneumonia quicky. But

Customer Question
currently she has a deep...
My wife has a history of going into pneumonia quicky. But currently she has a deep cough and she's vomited, but her temp is normal.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: Two days. Other than being tired, no other symptoms. She's taking codeine syrup to calm the cough. Anything else - an over the counter medication - that she can take?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Does she has any sore throat?

Any breathing discomfort?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

to both questions.
I'd rather just type.. .

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described about your wife of having deep coughing,sore throat,breathing discomfort & one episode of vomiting is most likely due to viral infection called flu. Symptoms caused by a viral infection generally clears up on its own within 5-7 days with no complications.

Following is recommended for her:

· For symptomatic relief,take tab.NyQuil.It contains acetaminophen,dextromethorphan,doxylamine and pseudoephedrine that will provide her great relief from this.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription.

• Keep a humidifier running in room.
  • Use an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day.This will provide her dramatic relief..

Although your wife has history of going into pneumonia quicky,but this seems to be upper respiratory tract infection caused by viral infection.

So bot***** *****ne is you just need to wait & watch her symptoms & give her the above described medications.This will help her greatly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Wishing you a very Happy New year 2017

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Just checking in to see how things are going. How is your wife's cough now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you.

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor