Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Would cause me to overheat whenever i have to urinate also

Customer Question
would cause me to overheat...
would cause me to overheat whenever i have to urinate also my legs, ankles ans feet have been swollen forr 4 mo.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: swelling in legs feet
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: diabetic
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

What was your last blood sugar level?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
female 62 blood level 21

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having overheat feeling,swelling in legs,ankle & feet since last 4 months is most likely due to your diabetes. Other less probable cause are:prolonged standing,long journeys,increased age,venous insufficiency,varicose veins,certain medications.Edema foot(swelling in foot) can also be due to heart failure, kidney failure, or liver failure.

You need following tests:

-Liver function tests(LFT)
-Kidney function test(KFT)
-Cardiac function test(CFT)
-Complete urine examination.
-Serum albumin & globulin levels.

Following is recommended for you:

· Try to take a short walk every hour

· Avoid excess fluid intake.It usually helps.

· A low dose of a diuretic (water pill) may be prescribed accordingly.

· Elevation of leg & applying ice will relieve your symptoms of swelling.

All this will help you greatly in reducing the swelling & this may take a few days time.

If still after this,the symptoms of swelling persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments & there does not seem to be anything serious or dangerous here.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Wishing you a very Happy New year 2017

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you.

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor