Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Can you please tell me if vibration boards (exercise

Customer Question

can you please tell me if vibration boards (exercise equipment) are suitable for people with displaced discs - they are the ones that vibrate (walk, jog, run)
JA: I'm the Doctor's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you. Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I am on Mobic and panadol osteo. hurt my back about 3 years ago (L4, l5, . I've had 4 CT guided steroid injections in the last 5 months
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: about 4 years. longish walks cause pain across the base of my back
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: diabetic type 2, thyroid and right lymph node cancer (surgery 08/08/2015), shattered wrist (currently in a cast), discs pressing on nerves causing pain down legs (physio didn't really work)
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

if disks are pressing on nerves in your neck, have you seen a neurosurgeon to see if you can have spine neck surgery to have a discectomy to remove the disk pressure on the nerves?

have you had a steroid injection into the area to decrease swelling?