Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have a question on high blood sugar level. is about 165

Customer Question

I have a question on high blood sugar level. jim is about 165 and he looks tired. what shall I do
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: is has a cold and he have give him cold tables at night
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: jim has type 2 dibeate and he takes med in the morning and at night.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear that "Jim" has diabetes and a cold. Fortunately, his blood sugar level is not too high and not contributing to his viral cold. May I suggest you continue to give him his diabetic medication which I will assume is Metformin. Also, you can continue to give him the "cold" tablets to help with cough, runny nose, etc. May I suggest you increase his fluids, give Ibuprofen or Aleve for aches and or fever and additional rest. The cold needs to run its course, usually 5-7 days. If however, his symptoms persist for more than 7 days, a visit to his doctor is recommended.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

How is Jim feeling today?