Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Have a temperature of 97.4 and lfeeling very poorly. I am an

Customer Question

Have a temperature of 97.4 and lfeeling very poorly. I am an elderly man
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No doctor because of New Year. I am taking benlyn cough syrup and echonisia.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: The cough has been on and off for about a week.i am a little nauseous and Leo not feel like food. The cough is the wheezy type.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 90 years old and have liver cancer which is currently stable.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you have a cough and overall malaise. I'm glad to hear that you don't have a fever, so pneumonia is not at the top of the possible causes. Continue to take the cough syrup and echinacea. BUT, you must increase your fluid intake and hot soup to help with the wheeze until you can see your doctor. It sounds like you will benefit from a breathing treatment with a bronchodilator that will help stop the wheeze. If your symptoms are causing you shortness of breath or chest pain, could you have someone take you to an Urgent Care Center today? You can get the treatment you need now rather than waiting to see your doctor tomorrow. I'm happy to hear that your liver cancer is under control and the symptoms you have now are not related.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

How are you feeling today?