Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I have a bad cough, stuffy nose and am congested in my

Customer Question

I have a bad cough, stuffy nose and am congested in my chest. It started last Friday.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: Since last Friday. It's a deep cough with a raspiness in my chest. Slight chills, headache
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of..
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Is there any fever?

Do you have thick green phlegm in cough?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of having bad cough,stuffy nose,congestion in chest,slight chills and headache since friday seems to be due to bacterial respiratory tract infection.

Although most of the respiratory tract infections are caused by viral infections.But this can also be bacterial like strep.It is the most common bacterial cause of respiratory tract infections.It is caused group A Streptococcus bacteria.

Following is recommended for you:

• For symptomatic relief,take tab.NyQuil.It contains acetaminophen,dextromethorphan,doxylamine and pseudoephedrine that will provide you great relief from this symptoms.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription.
  • Keep a humidifier running in your room.

• Use an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day.This will provide you dramatic relief..

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications and antibiotics will then be required accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Wishing you a very Happy New year 2017

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. How is your cough,stuffy nose & congested chest now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you.

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh