How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is 7 and he has a rash of sorts on the top of his

Customer Question

Hi, my son is 7 and he has a rash of sorts on the top of his penis. The skin looks very raw. The Monday before Christmas I took him to the pediatrician for a cold. They test for influenza and it came back negative. By Friday the low grade fever came back and the rash showed up. I spoke with the nurse and she said it was all related to the virus, that it could take a coulple of weeks to go away and to just put some ointment on it that it would go away on its own. But it is getting worse. It's affecting more of the area. He says it doesn't hurt but my husband is very worry. Should we go to the emergency room or just wait to see the pediatrician in the morning?
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: Just the papers the doctor gives at each visit.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

is he washing himself daily with soap and water in the penis?

have you supervised him in the shower to watch him wash his penis with soap and water?

if it is getting worse, you should bring him to see a doctor at the ER

he could have a bacterial infection like impetigo or viral rash.