Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

This question is for Dr. Muneeb Ali: Recently my primary

Customer Question

This question is for Dr. Muneeb Ali:Recently my primary doctor had me take a stomach sonogram/ultrasound (not sure if their the same thing) and the results were ok. But because there was a small amount of blood in urine from another test, he send me to a Urologist who wants me to have another Ultrasound, Retroperitoneal, EG, Renal, Aorta,Nodes)...Since I've had one Ultrasound in November ist this 2nd one necessary. So primary dr. had me have one and the urologist is requesting another?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for requesting me and sorry for the late reply but i was offline. Actually yes you will need another ultrasound, the thing is that there are different types of ultrasounds, if the initial ultrasound did not look at the kidneys, bladder and the lower part of teh abdomen and pelvis then you will definitely need another ultrasound. It all depends on what was seen in the first one, if the initial ultrasound ONLY looked at the liver, spleen and/or stomach etc then you will need the repeat ultrasound to look at the urinary and the genital tract.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/